Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go

If you asked me where I wanted to go I wasn't going to lie. I'd tell you straight up it was either Mongolia, Madagascar, Virginia, or Maine. I just didn't want to be disappointed when I opened my call. I waited and waited for the day I would see that large white envelope chillin in my mailbox. To capture the excitement I was feeling my Dad sent me a text saying, "Don't attack the mailman!" Well....the mailman lived, but I almost died waiting the 6,000 hours for my friends and family to gather so I could open my call. Everyone wanted to know where I was going but I wanted to know when I was leaving. I knew I would serve anywhere the Lord saw fit to send me and I spent hours praying that he would send me somewhere where the people needed him. I couldn't believe the words on my call letter.

"Dear Sister Nebeker:

You are hearby called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Korea Seoul South Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Korean Language."

Disappointment was definitely not what I was feeling. Overwhelmed is more like it. I couldn't comprehend that I was leaving in a short 14 weeks!  This is what I prayed for though. The people of Korea needed the Lord and if the Lord wanted me there I was going to make it happen. Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment