Friday, March 14, 2014

3-6-14 Week 2

Mom and Dad,

I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for you. I appreciate all that you have done with regards to school and my mission, etc... You're so great.

The MTC sure is stressful. I'm almost through week two, though. We start teaching tow practice investigators this next week. The only time I can speak Korean is if I sing it, so maybe I'll just sing my lessons and if they're not scared away in the end, we'll consider them golden investigators.

I had my first P-day on Thursday! we get to go the temple every P-day. I think it is so that we don't sleep in. :P We usually do a session at 7:45. Anyway, I ran into Sister Gray! She is so sweet. Sister Peterson and I had everything done by like 12:00 and we didn't know what to do with ourselves, so we took advantage of our free services here at the MTC and got our hair trimmed. Yay P-day!

We were studying the Doctrine of Christ. Love it! 2 Nephi 31:2-3. Basically we came to the understanding that the Doctrine of Christ is supposed to be understandable to all men. That is why I need to study and learn this ridiculously hard language. However, I'm glad it's to be explained in simple/basic principles. That way the doctrine stays pure and there is less confusion for our investigators. It tends to be easier in helping them understand the roll of the Holy Ghost.

So our entire district made the courageous decision to sing in the choir. I sure you're so proud, Nicki. Anyway, look up the song "Come to Jesus" by Lynne Christofferson. It is so beautiful. Very easy and simple, but absolutely amazing. We sang it for our devotional on Tuesday and it touched all of our hearts.

Anyway, I love you both so very much and am grateful for you.

Sister Nebeker.

No comments:

Post a Comment